Are You Looking for a Dog Sitter? Here Are Six Tips You Should Know
The schedule for your planned vacation has finally come. But, you can’t bring your pet with you. What are you going to do? Who will take care of your dog? You may plenty of choices, but a dog sitter is just perfect for your needs.
Fortunately, there are many dog sitters offering their services these days. But, this makes it quite difficult for you to select the right one. As you make your research online you will find that most of them are a good choice. However, you have to keep in mind that not all of them are created equal. This is the reason why you need to be very careful with your choice. Do not easily believe those who say that they have the best dog sitting services. To help you select the best, here are the best tips you can get.
1. Ask for reference – The first thing you need to get is references. You can ask this from the company. A good company will not hesitate to give you references. You can have at least three names. Then contact them. This is a good way for you to know the services of the company. How good was it? What are the services they have used? Were they satisfied? These are just some of the many questions you may ask them to know more about the company you are considering.
2. Check the insurance – Before you entrust your pet dog to a certain dog sitter, make sure that they have an insurance. This keeps you from paying costly damages. If they have an insurance, then you know that they are committed to giving their clients the best as possible. So, you need not worry in case emergencies happen.
3. Ask about their training – You will only learn to trust the dog sitters when you know about their training. Ask them what trainings they have joined. The more trainings a sitter have, the more knowledge and skills he has in dealing with dogs. So, you are confident that they can give you quality services and that your pet is in good hands.
4. Conduct an interview – Visit the company or set an appointment with the dog sitter for an interview. This is a very essential factor as you need to check the personality of the dog sitter. Of course, you need to make sure that he gets well with dogs. If you feel that he can’t handle your dog, then you should proceed to the next candidate.
5. Ensure that they are available 24/7 – Another important factor is the availability of their emails and telephones. Make sure that you can contact and they can answer you anytime. Of course, you might want to check your pet’s condition from time to time. So, be sure that there is always someone who will answer your calls.
6 Ask their backup measures – It is very important for you to make sure that the company has backup measures in case the first dog sitter has to attend to some emergencies. Make sure that another dog sitter is readily available to replace him. So, you are sure that there is always someone to take care of your pet.